SteerBridge Strategies is a CVE-Verified Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government and private sector. We leverage decades of federal acquisition and procurement experience to deliver best in class commercial solutions for government agencies while maximizing veteran talent.
SteerBridge Strategies is supporting a national-level program for the Veterans Benefits Administration (“VBA”) to modernize its delivery of educational benefits to Veterans. The Digital GI Bill (DGIB) is a top priority for our strategic partner, Accenture Federal Services (AFS). As partners, SteerBridge and AFS have successfully completed the first phase of improvements and are looking for the most talented IT professionals to join this dynamic, multi-year opportunity.
The VBA is responsible for administering the department's programs that provide financial and other forms of assistance to veterans, their dependents, and survivors. Claims are currently processed at Regional Processing Offices by Claims Examiners. The VBA envisions improved customer service and mission accomplishment by digitizing the process. This project will provide a user-friendly service for beneficiaries to apply, withdraw, amend, transfer or perform other actions with improved timeliness and accuracy of award decisions. Due to the technical deficit in the VBA’s application and IT infrastructure, implementing these changes will be challenging and under an aggressive timeline.
This is a remote position. Candidates non-local to the Washington D.C. area will be expected to travel to the AFS office in Chantilly, Virginia, 5-6 times a year (funded by the project).
Candidates local to St. Louis, MO, San Antonio, TX, or Charleston, SC, will be expected to travel to the AFS site in these cities throughout the duration of the contract.
- Must be a US Citizen, Dual Citizen, or Green Card holder (Permanent Resident).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline plus a minimum of eight (8) years related work experience. Eight (8) years additional relevant experience may be substituted for education, for a total of thirteen (13) years of relevant work experience.
- Must be eligible and able to pass a Public Trust background check.
- Must be willing to travel to the D.C. area 5-6 times a year (funded by the project).
- Must be able to work East Coast hours.
- Responsible for agile development life cycle with application design, construction and testing of Java applications and Web Services.
- Perform the detailed design of application and identify reusable components to support overall project requirements.
- Configure, build, and test the application or technical architecture components.
- Follow good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Conform Code quality, code performance, code security and participate in code reviews.
- Inform the Technical Architect and Project Manager of any issues that may affect any other areas of the project.
- Work with other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet performance goals.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Document the application to facilitate maintenance.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Java 11+ development
- Angular 10+ development
- JPA 2.1+
- Good understanding of general design patterns
- Hibernate Transactions
- Caching principles
- Aspect oriented programming
A salary commensurate with background and experience will be offered.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
SteerBridge Strategies is committed to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. SteerBridge Strategies will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable law.