SteerBridge Strategies (“SteerBridge”) is a CVE-Verified Service Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing tailored professional services to the U.S. Government and private sector. We leverage decades of federal acquisition and procurement experience to deliver best in class commercial solutions for government agencies while maximizing veteran talent.
SteerBridge seeks a detail-oriented, organized, resourceful, and customer-focused individual with experience in office management, workplace services, and/or project management. We are looking for an individual who enjoys face-to-face interactions throughout their day, likes bringing people together, quickly adapts when plans change and believes no task is too small.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Analytics, the Office Administrator will foster a welcoming and efficient work environment by managing the day-to-day operations of the office. The Office Administrator also plays an important role in supporting SteerBridge’s hybrid workplace strategy, which includes a mix of staff working in the office and remotely. Ideal candidates thrive working in a fast paced, multi-faceted role solving complex business problems.
We are seeking someone who is trustworthy, able to stay organized with competing priorities, and can bring creativity and passion to this work. We offer this exciting opportunity to learn and help grow our company as we reach new milestones.
This role requires the Office Administrator to work onsite at the SteerBridge office in Vienna, Virginia, five days per week. A hybrid working scenario (onsite with some remote) may be considered for exceptional candidates.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Possess or be eligible to obtain a Federal Security Clearance.
Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of three (3) years related work experience. Three (3) years of relevant work experience may be substituted for education, for a total of six (6) years of total relevant work experience.
The Office Administrator is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the business office in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. This person will be responsible for streamlining and improving administrative and back-office procedures, human resources, office staff supervision and task coordination.
The ideal candidate will be a doer and serve as the backbone of our headquarters. We will rely extensively on this person to continually identify company needs and recommend solutions for improvements and efficiencies as we continue to grow.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee office operations and provide business operations support by organizing and coordinating administration duties and office procedures.
- Communicate with leadership, relaying important information between upper management, program managers, staff and clients.
- Keep leadership team informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information, and identifying trends.
- Manage staff calendars and schedules, plan meetings, and organize company events.
- Administer the organization’s system applications to include establishing new hire accounts, deactivating separated accounts, and providing training for all employees on correct use of the payroll system.
- Maintain employee records, recruiting new employees, and handling employees’ queries and providing resolution to issues in a timely manner.
- Process and audit payroll activities.
- Develop and conduct onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administration of benefits programs such as life, health, dental, vision, and disability insurances, FSA, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Coordinate annual benefits enrollment to include distribution of plan documents, information presentation and assistance with employee enrollment when requested.
- Keep records of benefits plan participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Monitor changes in employee benefits such as health, dental, vision and 401K and ensures that changes are updated with payroll and in relevant database programs.
- Maintain updated employee list with all relevant information and prepare quarterly headcount report for finance department, as well as org charts.
- Receive monthly invoices for all benefit programs and account payable and verify accuracies in charges prior to submittal to finance for payment.
Previous experience leading a business office for a government contractor.
- Office management experience, including experience in a role such as Office Administrator, Front Office Manager, Operations Manager, or as an assistant reporting into these functions.
- Experience in benefits administration, reviewing benefits with employees prior to enrollment, and supporting the open enrollment process.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing office operations and procedures, control correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and supporting various clerical functions.
- Designing and implementing office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Experience working with vendors and contract development.
- Experience procuring equipment, supplies and services in compliance with the organization’s processes policies and procedures; experience with purchase requisitions and maintaining site purchase orders.
- Preparing required documents in support of license applications and company registrations.
- Inputting and collating production detail for reports as directed, while also maintaining this data on a shared drive; organize shared folder and maintain appropriate access.
- Organize facilities for meetings, workshops, training, catering and other events and services; organize team building events including volunteer events.
- Demonstrated growth mindset and use of available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning.
- Experience producing results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and overall comfort with technology.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Exceptional customer-service and interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy; ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, to suggest effective client-centered solutions when elevating challenges or concerns, and to understand how the team can operate to maintain high-quality service.
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally verbally and in writing, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences with a focus on customer service and building relationships.
- Is self-directed and able to balance multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and understand how those projects impact the office, team, and/or firm’s objectives; possess excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- The ability to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and circumstances, and to build and manage strong relationships that reflect that understanding; the drive to provide exceptional service to all internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Takes ownership and is creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that do not have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solutions; proven problem-solving and team management skills with ability to suggest creative improvement.
- Able to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums.
- An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance.
- Commitment to excellence and high level of integrity; ability to exercise strict confidentiality and sound judgment.
SteerBridge Strategies is committed to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. SteerBridge Strategies will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable law.